Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Thumper Time

Cool It's Thumper Time

Well, just as the title says, yesterday I joined the ranks of the thumper folk, in the process making the first headway to addressing another one of my bike related deceases, MBS (multiple bike syndrome).

She (SuzieQ) is no spring chicken (2000 vintage), but appears to be in an overall good condition, with only around 11k miles. She's been gently dropped on the RHS in the past, but nothing major. She runs really nice.
    I'm looking forward to doing some rindo hunting in the future (well actually this Sunday ), this time on a bike a little more suited for the task and letting Elly-Mae (FJR) take a well deserved break, especially from an activity as foreign to her as rindo hunting.

Obviously there are lots of things and bits I want to add to SuzieQ, so let the farkling begin

A BIG THANK YOU to Scorpion & Twinrider for their help in finding and buying SuzieQ.

Suzuki XF650 Freewind

Last edited by JamesK; 26-08-11 at 09:57 AM.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Nice!
    You win the award for "Most Unintended Amusing Bike Name" too ...!

With JamesK onboard, white road/rindo exploring is about to go hyper active!!!

I'd say it's in damn good condition for 11 years old, clearly owned by someone who never went off the beaten track. That one small scuff on the right fairing is at most the result of a gentle drop at standstill. With an 18.5 liter fuel tank, good wind protection and a plush seat SuzyQ is gonna be great for long-distance adv riding!

Looks nice! Suzuki apparently took a couple of styling cues from BMW, but I like what they've done with it....

Can't wait to see the Hokkaido day trips that JamesK has planned! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!

Congrats!
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I reckon James can get some good riding tips from the video below

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    With JamesK onboard, white road/rindo exploring is about to go hyper active!!!

I'd say it's in damn good condition for 11 years old, clearly owned by someone who never went off the beaten track. That one small scuff on the right fairing is at most the result of a gentle drop at standstill. With an 18.5 liter fuel tank, good wind protection and a plush seat SuzyQ is gonna be great for long-distance adv riding!
    Game on

Quote Originally Posted by rdkng103 View Post
    Game on
    Congrats - I had never even heard of this bike. Looks in great nick.
    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't heard the news."

cool bike, so how did your first rindo ride go? how are you liking the feel of the thumper?

Good cheap run around, FB sent me the pics and nearly picked it up. 200k is a lot of bike for the money. Have fun on the rindo! I liked my KLE but never liked the garish colours (purple and green) Should be saving for the wedding anyway.
    Last edited by gordthebiker250; 26-08-11 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    Hell bill I will be your wife

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    cool bike, so how did your first rindo ride go? how are you liking the feel of the thumper?
    Only picked her up last night, so the rindos were limited to Kan7 at night

But we're planning a rindo hunt this Sun.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, that was a nice bike. I saw it at BDS and I wanted it but FB was biding on it for Gordon. It went for 212,000 yen... not bad but a bit much for a bike that has no spare parts in Japan for it... what ever you do, dont drop it on a rindo. 0_o
    Current bikes:1998 Ducati M900, 2003 Triumph Daytona 955i, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900

Yeah, I said to go up to 190,000 so just missed out. Still, Shelly won't shout at me about not affording the champagne lol..

Quote Originally Posted by gordthebiker250 View Post
    Should be saving for the wedding anyway.
    And so it begins... another biker lost to marriage!
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Still got 2 bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by rom_selecta View Post
    Yeah, that was a nice bike. I saw it at BDS and I wanted it but FB was biding on it for Gordon. It went for 212,000 yen... not bad but a bit much for a bike that has no spare parts in Japan for it... what ever you do, dont drop it on a rindo. 0_o
    Suzuki sells the parts for it locally and Yahoo auction and Ebay have parts too.
    The first thing men notice about a woman is her eyes. Then, when her eyes aren't looking, they notice her breasts.
    -- Conan OBrien

Quote Originally Posted by gordthebiker250 View Post
    Still got 2 bikes!
    "Honey, we need room to park the minivan... do you really need TWO bikes?"
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    "Honey, we need room to park the minivan... do you really need TWO bikes?"
    whenever my wife asked if i really needed two bikes, i would start talking about needing a third. that always shut her up!

and now i HAVE three bikes...

19. Default

THUMPER TIME! Cool!! We can go head to head now with my KTM SM! LOVE DEM THUMPA'S!

Gordon your getting one too?!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    And so it begins... another biker lost to marriage!
    Not long after I first got bitten by the bike bug, the ball and chain started making noises about the bike. I told her don't make me choose because you're going to loose, in a heartbeat. I keep using that line on the rare occasion now a days when she forgets my original answer
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A