Thread: Selling & Buying or For Free... moderators can reply, but not us common folk?

Default Selling & Buying or For Free... moderators can reply, but not us common folk?

When Jav made the Selling & Buying or For Free forum closed to replies, I thought that was a good enough idea since it would prevent tangential debates or attacks on sellers, and leave any discussions to PM's between sellers and interested parties.

But now it looks like the moderators (Jav and Haildamage so far) are still posting replies to Selling & Buying posts, while ordinary folks like yours truly are blocked.

Presumably the mods are not going to drag threads off-topic, but neither are most of the forum members. It's not right to have one set of posting rules for people who have been anointed as mods, and another set of rules for the rest of us. The Selling & Buying subforum should either be opened to replies (with warnings and bans for people who abuse the privilege), or it should be closed to replies entirely.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Firstly, no one has been anointed as a moderator. I asked for volunteers and some people volunteered.
    If you would like to help keep the forum useful and friendly you too can be a moderator.

Secondly, you have a valid point. I use the What's New function and rarely look at the actual sub forum
    it is under, unless someone is stirring unnecessary sh1/t. I will make it so admin and mod cannot reply
    to sellers threads, to avoid us posting by accident.

Will also remove the two posts and send them by PM to the original poster.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Update!

I set the Moderators, Super Moderators and Admin privileges to No Reply
    for the Seller's section. But i test posted a message and it still posted.....grrrr
    So I will have to try to remember not to post and if I do will count on Guy
    and or other mods to remove the post, and PM it instead.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

sorry, i assumed that it had been changed back to allow anybody to comment since i could comment.