Thread: Tapatalk upgrade

Default Tapatalk upgrade

Hi mods,

Recently there was an upgrade available for tapatalk but since then, I haven't been able to access the GR forums in the past few days via my phone. Hence why I was absent.

I am able to access other forums with the new upgrade, but not GR. Are there any server upgrades that need to be done?

Thanks for your time!

It's working for me after the upgrade. But I did have the same issues. After a phone restart no problem.

I have always had to use the "All" tab because the "Unread" tab very seldom works. When I first started using Tapatalk I did get some error messages about GR's bit being out of date.

I gave up on it a long time ago.

Since I don't get home all that much I have found it handy, though far from ideal. Sure beats the hell out of accessing through Safari on the iPhone.

Tried to reboot but no go. I then tried to remove the forum and add it again. It looks like it only works if I don't log in.

PS
    Posting from a web browser on a phone really blows.

Will upgrade this weekend.

Thanks swiftwind for raising the issue.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Forgot to mention, the next vBulletin upgrade has mobile functionality built in, so hopefully there will be no
    need to use Tapatalk or any other interface.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I used Tapatalk today on my Android phone and it said GR is not using the latest plugin. I was unable to log in. Other sites like Advrider, SBKJapan, and Japanriders are working fine with Tapatalk for me.

Even if VBulletin adds mobile functionality, I would like GR to continue Tapatalk support so I have all my forum accounts available in one handy app. It would be inconvenient if I have to access GR through a different method than every other forum.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Even if VBulletin adds mobile functionality, I would like GR to continue Tapatalk support so I have all my forum accounts available in one handy app. It would be inconvenient if I have to access GR through a different method than every other forum.
    Agreed...

Upgraded the TT software but the TT interface still tells that it is old. Seems that is not to
    do with the software on the site, but some cached setting on their server. Will see if i can get
    it fixed.

The downside of TT for forums, is that TT takes all the traffic and like FB and other such sites
    they will eventually sell their customer base and information and make billions. I don't like supporting
    such entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    The downside of TT for forums, is that TT takes all the traffic and like FB and other such sites
    they will eventually sell their customer base and information and make billions. I don't like supporting
    such entities.
    I could see this being a problem if you relied on advertising income from GR page views... but it doesn't look like you run any ads on GR at all.

And... doesn't VBulletin get the same customer info about forum use that Tapatalk does, or does it not work that way?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    I could see this being a problem if you relied on advertising income from GR page views... but it doesn't look like you run any ads on GR at all.
    And... doesn't VBulletin get the same customer info about forum use that Tapatalk does, or does it not work that way?
    No VBulletin has no access to anyone's data whatsoever. They sell/license the software.
    And yes, one day I hope the forum pays for itself, so i don't have to.

Anyway, fixed the problem. Everything should be up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    No VBulletin has no access to anyone's data whatsoever. They sell/license the software.
    And yes, one day I hope the forum pays for itself, so i don't have to.
    So... I am wondering, why have forum owners added Tapatalk functionality to their sites? Is it just for user convenience? Otherwise it's hard to see what the value is for the forum owner who is just giving up ad revenue.

I have seen some forums where ads are presented as posts just like any other post. These ads therefore would show up in Tapatalk, too. Maybe that could be a way to generate ad revenue even while using Tapatalk? Anyway, I would expect Tapatalk to offer some value proposition to forum owners or they will be shooting themselves in the foot.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Thanks Jav!! It's working great now!