Thread: FS: 2000 Suzuki XF650 Freewind

Default FS: 2000 Suzuki XF650 Freewind

I am going to be selling my 2000 Suzuki XF650 Freewind, so figured I'd post here before it goes up on Yahoo auction (and while I wait for the ball and chain to translate and help me post in Gibberish on Yahoo).
    Asking ¥360,000 OBO

This bike is the Japanese version of the popular BMW GS650 Adventure bike. It has all the benefits of the BMW, but also has the famous Japanese reliability and is much cheaper to maintain. You can buy all OEM parts and accessories from any bike shop or dealer.
    This bike is a re-import model, however, it was manufactured in Japan so pars and maintenance is identical to any Japanese bike and at the regular Japanese bike prices.
    The seat height of this bike is very good, and will perfectly suit many riders who are not very tall.
    This bike is perfect for touring, commuting and adventure riding – it can do it all with ease.
    This bike is in excellent condition throughout, has been well maintained and runs great. Shaken to July 2012, I’m only selling this bike because I have two other bikes as well so I just don’t get enough time ride them all.

The bike has recently had a comprehensive service, which included:
    - New oil and oil filter
    - New NKG Iridium spark plugs (this is a single cylinder dual spark and dual carb engine)
    - Carburetor overhaul
    - New front and rear brake pads
    - New front and rear brake fluid (flush)
    - New head bearings installed

This bike comes equipped with many great accessories:
    - HepcoBecker Tank Guard Crash Bars
    - HepcoBecker Side Case Racks
    - SW-Motech Center Stand
    - Givi Top Box
    - Givi Touring Wind Screen
    - Custom high-grip foot pegs (originals included)
    - LeoVince Slip-on (great sound, but not too loud)
    - HID headlights both Hi and Lo beam, these are high quality, digital slim balast bike HID units with a life-time warranty
    - Twisted Throttle Tool Tube to carry a puncture repair kit, etc
    - Hardy aluminum off-road handle bars
    - Fork protector rubber boots
    - Internal bar-end weights for a smooth, vibration free ride and feel
    - SAE power connection for Heated Gear and Battery Tender – charger
    - Factory Service Manual and Parts List Manual
    - Factory Toolkit

The engine, tires, chain and sprockets are in great condition, so you don’t need to spend any money on this bike just get on and ride.
    As you can see from the photos, this bike is in a beautiful gloss black color. When I bought this bike it was a pale red color, which I didn’t like so I had it professionally repainted. The paint used is regular automotive grade (like OEM bikes and cars) and with a clear coat finish for a durable and shiny finish.
    I think this bike is in very good condition, but this is a used bike and there are some small scratches from normal use - the bike looks and runs great!
    If you are interested please come have a look and inspect it for yourself. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions.

Last edited by JamesK; 11-05-12 at 02:20 PM.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Wow, that paint job does looks the ants pants. Good DP touring bike for someone.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Very versatile all-rounder with a stump-pulling motor. From long superslab journeys to backroad twisties to rindos, this bike will do it all.
    Slap a set of Hepco Becker side cases on the racks and tour Japan.

The XF650 just sold to a nice JN guy from Yahoo Auction.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin