Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monster energy drinks now in Japan

Default Monster energy drinks now in Japan

Dropped by the local Sunkus, was stoked to see they are now selling Monster Energy and Khaos drinks. 355ml for the same price as the 200ml Red Bull.

Yeppers! My vending machine is loaded full on the complete top row!

Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    Yeppers! My vending machine is loaded full on the complete top row!
    I thought you were a Mad Croc man.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

In the shop I have a Mad Croc fridge the machine is owned my a vendor not mine per say just here :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    I thought you were a Mad Croc man.

Personally I'm a red bull guy but I do think it's awesome that Monster is finally in Japan!
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Noticed that the other day too - didn't like the regular green one, will try the orange one. Still reckon Red Bull is better. Though Burn is pretty good.

Too much sugar for a healthy diet though :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post
    Noticed that the other day too - didn't like the regular green one, will try the orange one. Still reckon Red Bull is better. Though Burn is pretty good.

Too much sugar for a healthy diet though :D
    That's why I drink Sugarfree Red Bull! :)
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I drank Monster all through college to keep me awake on my drives back home and to school. It was twice the size as Redbull and half as much...

I imagine it costs twice as much as it did in the US.

I only drank the sugar-free one for reason being that a normal green one has as many calories as the chu-hai I'm drinking right now...

Those that like Red Bull would love mad croc! About the same taste with no aftertaste issues. I like Red Bull too and I used to work for them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    Those that like Red Bull would love mad croc! About the same taste with no aftertaste issues. I like Red Bull too and I used to work for them! :-)
    Is there sugarfree croc?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Yeah I've tried Mad croc personally did not like it, nothing like red bull, but each to his own. In the states I was a track rep for them at summit point for a couple years. But Ive not found anything similar enough to change my mine. There is another energy drink called XS sold in Japan that's pretty good.
    Life begins at 155mph

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Is there sugarfree croc?
    Not yet at least. But I don't think it's going to get much more expansive in flavored than it is.

Racer what's funny is that Pierre Bernadino former CEO of red bull Asia and Selim Chidiac Asian and North Anerican former CEO both said it tastes like red bull with no aftertaste, lol. For Asia red bull I did market analysis and promotion.
    Funny how small the energy drink industry is in terms of who knows who. The boss of Monster at Hansen bev In Cali actually hangs out with mike kelso from Rockstar! Lol

That is pretty cool, but you know a lot of industries are like that.i worked in the video world for a long time and it's the same way.competitors in business hang out and are often friends. I think it's cool.
    It's funny on that taste thing too cause I've tried the red bull zero and the sugar free and the taste is really different to me than normal red bull, mad croc tastes different too to me. But lots of people agree with me on that and just as many disagree with me and agree with you on that. Funny how taste pallets are like that.
    But still cool stuff, I'm always glad to see when products we got in out home countries make it to Japan... Is a good thing, although I've been in Japan 3 years and these baby cans of red bull still are funny to me. In the states we get the 8.4oz which is the big one in Japan but the small one in the states then we get a 12oz and 16oz... Oh I miss those bigger ones lol.
    Life begins at 155mph

Yeah, I've been hitting the sugar free Red Bull too - probably equally bad for you!

Tried the Khaos Monster today - tastes like I'd swilled some Fanta with a mouthful of Hubba-Bubba :( Might be alright with some vodka in it ...

Tried Relentless in the UK that wasn't up to much either. In NZ we had V which was as good as RB ... even better with vodka in it :D

... and I like the RB aftertaste - think of it as value for money ;)

Man, what I wouldn't give for vanilla Coke to make a come-back ...!

Yeah, I've been hitting the sugar free Red Bull too - probably equally bad for you!

Tried the Khaos Monster today - tastes like I'd swilled some Fanta with a mouthful of Hubba-Bubba :( Might be alright with some vodka in it ...

Tried Relentless in the UK that wasn't up to much either. In NZ we had V which was as good as RB ... even better with vodka in it :D

Sugar free red bull is worse - aspartame is a carcinogen and causes caloric retention. You're better off with sugar, even if you're trying to lose weight.

For vanilla coke, just add a few drops of vanilla extract and stir. :)

That's what they say about all diet drink though don't they? At what dose does it become "dangerous"? Cos I don't drink Red Bull more than once a week ...

Can you get vanilla essence here? I seem to remember trying to find it and failing ...

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
    Sugar free red bull is worse - aspartame is a carcinogen and causes caloric retention. You're better off with sugar, even if you're trying to lose weight.

For vanilla coke, just add a few drops of vanilla extract and stir. :)
    +1! Only real sugar for me too.. Plus the fake stuff normally doesn't taste right it's kind of "empty" I guess?

Never actually tried Monster, will have to check it out. Lived on redbull all through college for last-minute CS project all-nighters, and crammed finals weeks
    You spend your life looking for the booty. And when you find the booty, the booty has a headache!

That's what they say about all diet drink though don't they? At what dose does it become "dangerous"? Cos I don't drink Red Bull more than once a week ...

Can you get vanilla essence here? I seem to remember trying to find it and failing ...
    Well, aside from the carcinogenic factor, the more immediate concern is the immediate effect on caloric retention - aspartame spikes your insulin levels and causes your body to store available glucose as fat. On top of that, it also triggers hunger pangs - causing you to eat more. In short, if you look at it strictly from a dietary sense, you end up worse off than if you had just ingested the sugar to begin with.

And vanilla extract? Absolutely. Look in any supermarket, usually right next to cake making stuff.

I hear you on that. Just got back from NZ, which is a compulsory V and meat pie from every service station visited.
    And, yep, bubblegum flavoured fanta is how Monster tastes. Can't say I'm a huge fan of it, but it's wet and cheap - just like my women.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
    Well, aside from the carcinogenic factor, the more immediate concern is the immediate effect on caloric retention - aspartame spikes your insulin levels and causes your body to store available glucose as fat. On top of that, it also triggers hunger pangs - causing you to eat more. In short, if you look at it strictly from a dietary sense, you end up worse off than if you had just ingested the sugar to begin with.
    As an Atkins/Ketogenic diet fan, I'm alert to the issue of spiking insulin levels that you mention and can only say that it doesn't happen to me with aspartame. Consensus on keto diet forums is that some people react that way to it and others don't. I'm down 12kg since January on a diet including sugar-free sodas and other drinks with aspartame.

As far as causing cancer, the National Cancer Institute says "There is no clear evidence that the artificial sweeteners available commercially in the United States are associated with cancer risk in humans."

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...ial-sweeteners
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja