Thread: BBS Updated

Default BBS Updated

Upgraded to 4.2.0 at 2.33am. Found incompatibility with VaultWiki and now trying to fix.

Communicated with hosting company and they mentioned Chinese spammers were causing
    heavy loads on the register pages. So they applied a block to see if that improves things.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Not sure I like the activity stream. However there is a New Posts link under the main navigation bar and
    in the next week I can build a button on the navigation bar for New Posts.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Don't see how activity stream is that much different from the "new posts" but I think I prefer the old look better. Like Jav says, the button is still there and I click it. On a different note, the site is almost completely swamped at times and cannot load anything. Still throttling aggressively I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!

Submitted a ticket on the slowness of the site, as ICDSOFT claim it is not being throttled.
    They have been pretty good helping identify the problem and trying to find a solution.

Anyone with page loading errors or the site running slow please run the following and post a screen shot of what you see on this thread.

For Windows
    ping -n 10 gaijinriders.com
    tracert gaijinriders.com

For Mac
    ping -c 10 gaijinriders.com
    traceroute gaijinriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Upgraded to 4.2.0 at 2.33am. Found incompatibility with VaultWiki and now trying to fix.

Communicated with hosting company and they mentioned Chinese spammers were causing
    heavy loads on the register pages. So they applied a block to see if that improves things.
    perhaps the filter is working as i have not seen the usual spam bots on in large numbers as has been normal for over 24 hours now.

Anyone with page loading errors or the site running slow please run the following and post a screen shot of what you see on this thread.

For Windows
    ping -n 10 gaijinriders.com
    tracert gaijinriders.com

For Mac
    ping -c 10 gaijinriders.com
    traceroute gaijinriders.com
    sorry, i am not smart enough to understand. could you expand your explanation on how to do this if it is not too much trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    sorry, i am not smart enough to understand. could you expand your explanation on how to do this if it is not too much trouble?
    Nothing to do with "smarts" and everything to do with knowledge. And my knowledge of Macs is small.
    For Windows click on START then type CMD in the SEARCH PROGRAM AND FILES box ( 1st option ).
    Then you can type the commands shown above for windows ( one at a time ) and see the result.

For Mac ( I guess ) you would go APPLICATIONS then UTILITIES and then TERMINAL.
    Then same as above with the typing each line individually and hitting return and waiting for the result.

In both cases you have a terminal window which allows you to type the commands indicated above.
    Then capture a screen shot of the results or take a picture of the screen with a camera and post the picture.

Nothing to do with "smarts" and everything to do with knowledge. And my knowledge of Macs is small.
    For Windows click on START then type CMD in the SEARCH PROGRAM AND FILES box ( 1st option ).
    Then you can type the commands shown above for windows ( one at a time ) and see the result.

For Mac ( I guess ) you would go APPLICATIONS then UTILITIES and then TERMINAL.
    Then same as above with the typing each line individually and hitting return and waiting for the result.

In both cases you have a terminal window which allows you to type the commands indicated above.
    Then capture a screen shot of the results or take a picture of the screen with a camera and post the picture.
    got it.

so we should do this when we get the "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." message?

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    got it.

so we should do this when we get the "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." message?
    Yes, that will provide information on how long the server is taking to reply and the route from your connection to the site in the US.