Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vendor: Warm & Safe Heated Gear

Resurrecting this since I haven't posted in here in awhile and my inbox was packed with PM's that I hadn't seen. If you need anything W&S, hit me up at info@chokonen.com to make sure I get the message. I'll make sure you get decent pricing and we do free exchanges if you order something and it's not the right size.

Just a heads up for those with lower powered bikes/scooters (or anyone who wants something that doesn't really need the bike), we have a new setup (think heated Under Armour...same fit and sweat wicking material) that comes with a 7.4v/12v remote. (you can use it on your bike/scooter with 12v and then on foot with a 7.4v battery) I think the total heat is something like 22 watts with 8 heat panels but don't let the low wattage fool you, I've been testing one in the mountains here in Niigata and usually have it set at 50-75% power while on the 7.4v battery) Having the heat panels closer and pressed against your body means it takes less power/heat to warm you. This and a light windbreaker and you're set to go trekking through the snow while keeping warm.

I've got a few of the men's in blk/red right now with the W&S logo:

XS, S, M in black L, XL in red (we'll have more, shortly as well as a short sleeve 7.4v battery only version...but I am testing out some new branding on them so they'll have a different logo)

And a FYI, we will have a women's version as well (though I'm only making them in black with red stitching) Notice that instead of glove connectors, the women's has sleeves that come down over the hands...those are heated too!

Last edited by roo; 26-01-15 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    Where is your shop in Tokyo? I remember buying your stuff( jacket and glovs ) from and Harley Davison shop in Tokyo, but I cannot recall where it was it..
    Mine is full cables hanging, I want to get the wireless set.. What do I need to do?

Diabolik
    Hopefully you already got this sorted but just in case, the main office is in Tokyo but I'm always bouncing around from Niigata to Tokyo so best mail me and schedule a time I'll be there. If you have a 2ch remote and and want me to route the wires or anything for you, feel free to hit me up for that as well.

Just saw your posts re pics. Will PM
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I just sent an email regarding pricing on the Under Armor heated gear.

Since a few asked, these "Base Layers" use a special, smaller sized, remote heat-troller with smaller connectors that is able to accept both 7.4v and 12v inputs. To use 12v, there is an adapter cable that lets the heat-troller plug into a regular sized 12v coax power source. (off your bike battery, cigarette adaptor, etc.)

I'll also mention, there is a really cheap (I think it was made in Bangladesh?) "Heated Inner Shirt" that is being sold here as of a month ago. I bought one for comparison and while it does function, it falls flat when compared. Everything from the cheaper material (felt like I had a hockey jersey on under my clothes), waaaaay smaller battery, to the 3 small heat panels was just disappointing. The controller was built into the battery which goes in a side pocket....and if you are wearing something over it, as you should, you have no way of adjusting temp, let alone turning it on or off. You really get what you pay for.

Like I said above, the stuff we sell is the same awesome material that Under Armour uses. I'm getting 3-4 hours of battery life out of our standard batteries, and our long sleeve versions above have 7 and 11 heat panels. (the women's has 2 extra on the sides and on the hands...the men's has glove connectors for optional gloves that are sill in development) The heat is controlled by remote control.
    Last edited by roo; 27-01-15 at 05:49 PM.

Thought I'd resurrect this since it's about that time to start thinking about winter riding.

So I'm releasing the new "baselayers" under my new HeatCraft brand. (Still designed/made by W&S, just a more modern-ish brand/logo)

1.) Basic version is a V-neck undershirt with 6 panels and uses a 7.4V battery w/ built in 4 level controller that clips onto your belt or pocket. 39,800 The idea with the V-neck is it's totally invisible under your regular clothes, easy to put on/take off, and very simple to use.

We bought a thermal imaging camera and compared it to the cheaper base layer another company is selling Japan...

Basically, the cheaper one has half the panels, waaaaay less power/heat, cheaper materials all around, and no way to adjust the heat since the battery is stored in a side pocket that's inaccessible once you put it on, let alone once you put on as shirt or jacket over it.

2.) Long sleeve version has a heated collar and glove connection cables for the men's. (for optional gloves) Women's has built-in hand warmers as well as additional side heat panels. This uses a single channel remote controller (very similar to the 12V heated gear setup) which allows you to use either a 7.4V battery OR connect it to 12V from you bike/scooter. (12V gives you slightly more heat but the remote setup is setup to interpret the input voltage and adjust the heat output so it stays within safe levels) 49,800 Obviously the idea here is you can use this connected to 12V for as long as you need when riding, get off the bike for a rest and switch to the 7.4V battery to keep warm without being tied to the bike battery. The remote heat controller can be mounted or velco'd on to your bike, making it easy to adjust heat levels when riding. (not so easy to do when the controller is on the battery like the V-neck)

Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post

The jacket looks good but I'm a bit concerned about the bulge in the pants...

Default Vendor: Warm & Safe Heated Gear

Do you still carry W&S heated gloves? I'm interested in a pair, but afraid of ordering the wrong size.

Hello
    I need to change the cables that connect the battery to the jacket (jacke?) because it doesn't work well anymore..
    Probably looking to buy the whole set as show in the photo attachment..how much and how to order it?

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	11765

i have pulled out my heated wear this season. Powerlet. The wired type. Not the new technology. The gloves don't work. Dunno why. i used a multi-meter to test the power, and all connections seem to be getting power, so it's beyond me what else i'd need to do to isolate the root cause. Hell i may be checking it wrong. Hard to say.
    Is there a place that can look at the setup for me to diagnose the problem? i have a jacket, gloves, and a dual controller. All Powerlet.
    If a place in Tokyo can do it, i can take it there and avoid the hassle of shipping it. Welcome input on this.