Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vendor: Warm & Safe Heated Gear

That 2-channel controller is way cool. I want one to control my LED lights as well :) Might get her some gear for Christmas, gotta check the specs on the bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!

I personally replace all the batteries, sync, and test each batch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C360_2012-11-28-17-00-49.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	8937
    Last edited by roo; 30-11-12 at 01:43 PM.

i have the 90 watt gen 4 windproof, and the single remote and it is great! i love that i can never stand to turn it on full for very long even in below freezing temps. of course i am also wearing a goretex shell over it though, which helps with the convection heat loss!

i cant believe that every rider that likes to ride year round doesnt invest in one of these! well worth every yen!

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    i have the 90 watt gen 4 windproof, and the single remote and it is great! i love that i can never stand to turn it on full for very long even in below freezing temps. of course i am also wearing a goretex shell over it though, which helps with the convection heat loss!

i cant believe that every rider that likes to ride year round doesnt invest in one of these! well worth every yen!
    Glad to hear you like the gear! What color waterproof jacket did you get? Speaking of below zero, the wire we're now using is rated to -40C

Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post
    Glad to hear you like the gear! What color waterproof jacket did you get? Speaking of below zero, the wire we're now using is rated to -40C
    mine is last years windproof model. i wanted windproof for wearing off the bike. there wasnt a waterproof option at that time but i dont really need that.

indeed the warm and safe jackets rock. couldnt be happier with mine and i highly recommend warm and safe!

Ahhh, with the Gelanots in stretch panels? All the Gen4's have that now =) We made pants with Gelanots in the front to do the same. (for people who ride in jeans and such) It helps here too cause you know how much Japanese love seeing "Made in Japan" on what they're buying. (Gelanots fabric is made by Toyota Tsusho)

Default Vendor: Warm & Safe Heated Gear

I labored over the decision, but finally decided on the Gen 4 over WP...I was concerned the WP would be over the top under my ample winter Gore Tex...however, under some of my other jackets, the WP would have been nice...
    ...speak softly and pack an obscenely large hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    mine is last years windproof model. i wanted windproof for wearing off the bike. there wasnt a waterproof option at that time but i dont really need that.

indeed the warm and safe jackets rock. couldnt be happier with mine and i highly recommend warm and safe!
    Totally agree with you Eric, and I think I'm personally responsible for at least a half dozen WnS orders of late through word of mouth advertizing.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

The Gelanots material really isn't thick or that noticeably different than the regular Gen 4 nylon liners. Both are temperature neutral....unlike other brands, we DO NOT have insulation in the jacket liners as it's unnecessary bulk when you consider what you'll be wearing over the liner. The real difference with the WP version is it blocks more wind/keeps more warm air trapped in and doubles as rain wear during the warmer times of the year, should you get caught in a sudden downpour.

About the customer service Roo is offering, I must say my gloves were replaced without any problem... and I did not even bought these gloves from him! Also, a very convenient rubber replacement connector cap was added, so, I thought I must tell you all about this. :)

I had my new gen 4 jacket and dual remote working in just a few minutes after "finally" getting it yesterday.
    Pretty doggone awesome. I'm using a full mesh jacket and took its liner out for this one. I'm pretty skinny so that
    Was a mistake-chilly in places so Friday it will be both liners with a base layer between them. It will be toasty.
    Last edited by TexasBoxer; 20-02-13 at 08:11 PM.

Roo really knows his stuff. He recommended medium/long and it is a perfect fit.
    I think within an hour of sending him a message the order was placed. Super service.
    I cannot wait for the Friday ride. This morning I felt heat within a hundred yards!
    Thanks Roo.

Default Re: Vendor: Warm & Safe Heated Gear

Thanks for the kind words!

As far as what you wear on top of your heated jacket, more than insulation, the key is keeping the wind out. Our jackets do a decent job on their own but leather jackets and good windbreakers on top make for great combos.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

Thought I'd bump this up since it's getting cold again.

The latest dual remotes have a new feature that has a confirmation blink every time you adjust the temp and the receivers have a dial LED that blinks with the yellow channel. With this new confirmation blink, you can immediately see the remote is synced to your receiver and the receiver is adjusting the temperature each time either dial is turned. Functionality of the setup is basically the same but we made these changes to relieve the "worry" of some users who didn't trust their setup was synced and operating properly.

Although there is a bit of a waiting list already since the first shipment sold out, we also have a new type of glove:

Name:	ws-ultimateII-gloves-1-700h_350x300.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	10050

Basically, it's a totally new design unlike all our others that keeps all the stitching and everything on the outside, making for a really really comfortable fit.

Thought I'd bump this up since it's getting cold again.

The latest dual remotes have a new feature that has a confirmation blink every time you adjust the temp and the receivers have a dial LED that blinks with the yellow channel. With this new confirmation blink, you can immediately see the remote is synced to your receiver and the receiver is adjusting the temperature each time either dial is turned. Functionality of the setup is basically the same but we made these changes to relieve the "worry" of some users who didn't trust their setup was synced and operating properly.

Although there is a bit of a waiting list already since the first shipment sold out, we also have a new type of glove:

Name:	ws-ultimateII-gloves-1-700h_350x300.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	10050

Basically, it's a totally new design unlike all our others that keeps all the stitching and everything on the outside, making for a really really comfortable fit.
    As it happens I have both of these and like them both very much

The gloves are a nice comfortable fit and feel and actually feel warmer. Based on my experience with the Gen 2 gloves, if you're on the smaller side of the standard size measurements you might want to go for one size below your usual sizing. I typically take size L, but the M is a better fit in the Gen 2 gloves. These are nice leather so will stretch a bit with some use and be like second skin.

The new controller LED functions are re-assuring, despite the heat in general it's nice to know it's there talking/listening to you, especially when you first plug in and the gear is still warming up.

The other super cool feature is that this latest remote will automatically re-sync with the controller after being unplugged if you reconnect any time within 30 mins, great for taking pics (off the bike) and not having to reset the Jacket and Glove settings.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

How is the JP pricing compared to ordering from the US?
    Any jackets/gloves in stock for checking size/fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    How is the JP pricing compared to ordering from the US?
    Any jackets/gloves in stock for checking size/fit?
    I'm basically offering US pricing to you guys

TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

Any jackets/gloves in stock to try on?

Where is your shop in Tokyo? I remember buying your stuff( jacket and glovs ) from and Harley Davison shop in Tokyo, but I cannot recall where it was it..
    Mine is full cables hanging, I want to get the wireless set.. What do I need to do?

Diabolik